Personal Membership Benefits
Stay up to date
- Ensure you remain current with ALIA’s free member access to over 130 on-line full-text professional journals with ProQuest’s Library Science package.
- ALIA members can now download over 60 recent, specialist LIS eBooks covering a wide range of relevant topics. Read them online or offline on a laptop or ebook reading device. Our concurrent usage arrangement means you won’t have to wait. It’s quick, easy and absolutely free.
- Receive ALIA’s INCITE magazine to keep you informed about industry news, trends and all the latest developments in the library and information community.
- Our e-newsletters will ensure you are up to date with the latest news and trends through monthly and quarterly news updates.
Receive support and advice
- Apply for one of our many excellence or research awards.
- Join one of ALIA’s Advisory Committees, or nominate for the Board of Directors.
Develop your networks
- Increase your professional networks by volunteering for an ALIA group.
- If you can’t be at your local group’s meetings and events, then join an e-list and contribute to discussions ALIA provides opportunities to interact with professional colleagues face-to-face or electronically so they can share knowledge and best practices and advance the profession.
- Refresh and update your skills and knowledge, or learn something new to broaden your professional scope. ALIA Training is open to all members
- Learning is facilitated through traditional face-to-face workshops and seminars alongside a variety of contemporary, online interfaces. Many courses are self-paced so can be completed at a time to suit today’s busy lifestyles and some courses may even be credited towards future formal tertiary study.
- Benefit from discounted registrations on ALIA events and conferences along with discounted registrations to events held by our partner associations.
- Join ALIA’s Professional Development scheme, which is open to all Associate and Library Technician members. The scheme is designed to create a formal record of your personal investment in your professional career by gaining Certified Practitioner status.