One of Singapore’s leading universities is currently looking for a Metadata Librarian to join their team.
As the Metadata Librarian, your role is to design and implement metadata schemas, support the dissemination and preservation of research and scholarly works, and be responsible for original and copy cataloguing to enable the discovery of content by users.
Your core accountabilities for this role include:
- Working closely with other library staff, school administrators and staff of other departments and units to develop policies, workflows and procedures for metadata creation.
- Providing original and complex copy cataloguing of materials in all formats.
- Evaluating and adapting established metadata standards to create a schema for local needs.
- Providing original descriptive, technical, and administrative metadata for resources in various formats.
- Undertaking initiatives to develop prototype applications in a sandbox environment to experiment new technologies.
- Providing training for staff on metadata creation and using the integrated library management system
- Integrating metadata from a wide variety of sources to improve search and retrieval within and across collections
To succeed in this position your skills and knowledge will include:
- Masters degree in Library or Information Science or related field
- Demonstrated experience with metadata creation
- Knowledge of metadata schemas or tools such as Dublin Core
- Extensive experience working with cataloguing resources in a variety of formats
- Demonstrate working knowledge of cataloguing standards (AACR2R, MARC21, LCSH, and LC classification)
- Familiarity with MARC bibliographic and authority formats
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relations with faculty, staff, students and vendors and service providers
Job Location: Singapore
If you posses the necessary skills, knowledge and experience, please email your resume to Darren Ryan email@example.com or call on 61 3 8319 7899 for more information.