ALIA's Industrial Relations Advisory Service
All ALIA members have full access to the Association's industrial relations advisory service. This gives employers and employees advice and guidance on employment and support when workplace problems arise. Contact the service at ALIA National Office - phone 02 6215 8222, or via e-mail (please remove the '.nospam' from address) - or consult the pages here for answers to questions like these:
- What is an appropriate salary for this job?
- What awards or agreements cover my workplace?
- What are the typical duties at different stages of a library and information career?
- How should we negotiate an individual contract for this job?
- What does worker's compensation legislation say about partial incapacity?
- How do we develop an equal opportunity program?
- What is family leave and how does it operate?
- What are our obligations to disabled workers?
- What laws cover termination of employment?
- How should employers meet their duty of care to employees?