Job Vacancy : [ ACT | NSW | NT | Qld | SA | Tas | Vic | WA | All ]
Throughout your career there will be times when you need access to information, resources and advice and regardless of your employment status, career stage or educational level; ALIA is your connection to that career support.
As an ALIA member you have exclusive access to a range of services including support for your career, professional development opportunities, information to keep you up to date, resources for finding jobs, employment and industrial relations advice, networking opportunities, and many other services specific to your career stage.
- Personal career guidence - Professional Development and Career Advisory Service
- Early career - Information and resources for new graduates, early professionals and students
- Established career - Information and resources for those in well established professional positions
- Executive career Information and resources for those seeking executive level professional positions
Not a member of ALIA?
Membership of ALIA gives you an advantage from the moment you join. ALIA's personal and institutional membership packages can help you build an edge in today's challenging information environment.
Join ALIA online or use our print form to access these great benefits.
- Returning to work when you've been working in another field, raised a family, been looking after a dependent, or just travelling the world you may need some help to get your LIS career started again.
- Value of volunteering if you're hoping to develop some new skills or just want to stretch your wings and connect with new areas of the profession, being an active ALIA volunteer can help you do this � and more.
Professional development opportunities
- ALIA's Professional Development Scheme, which is open to all professional members, is designed to strengthen your technical knowledge, skills and competencies; keep you up-to-date and create a formal record of your personal investment in your professional career.
- ALIA's career-long learning user guide and career development kit will help you analyse your professional needs; set objectives; gain input from managers, mentors and training professionals and build and maintain a comprehensive record of your knowledge, skills and experience.
- Discounted registrations on ALIA events and courses along with discounted registrations to events held by our partner associations will help you remain current and maintain your competitive edge.
ALIA provides opportunities to tap into the expertise of the ALIA community and share information and knowledge.
- You can increase your professional networks by volunteering for an ALIA group.
- If you can't be at your local group's meetings and events, then join an ALIA e-list and contribute to discussions there.
Staying up to date
ALIA can help you maintain your competitive edge by connecting you with the latest developments and information in the profession.
- Ensure you remain current with ALIA's free member access to over 130 online full-text professional journals with ProQuest's Library Science package.
- ALIA's inCite magazine will keep you informed about industry news, trends and all the latest developments in the library and information community.
- Subscribe to ALIA's refereed research journals The Australian Library Journal and Australian Academic & Research Libraries devoted to new research in library and information science.
- Our e-newsletters will ensure you are up to date with the latest news and trends through monthly and quarterly news updates.